MBT Series → BAOR: MBT Expansion
The British Army of the Rhine (BAOR) was formed at the conclusion of World War II from various units of the British 21st Army Group. Positioned on the North German Plain, it is the command element of NATO’s Northern Army Group (NORTHAG). BAOR has command authority over the British 1st Corps, as well as the West German 1st Corps, US III Corps, and the French, Belgium and Dutch contingents to NATO.
This MBT expansion focuses on BAOR’s armored and mechanized forces. Battle it out in 10 new scenarios. Combine the 4 new double-sided geomorphic maps with the MBT base game maps and even the MBT FRG Expansion for more exciting battles.
Includes detailed TO&Es for the British Forces.
Leaders add a powerful dynamic to MBT. They represent individuals of various ranks and skills that can influence gameplay in a number of unique ways. In almost all cases, scenarios do not indicate the presence of any particular leader or leaders. Players may freely add any number of leaders or none at all. Just decide by mutual agreement. Follow the recommended command structure below, or just go with whatever works. There is no correct or incorrect approach as battlefield conditions make for very fluid situations. There may be occasions where junior officers or NCOs find themselves in overall command or senior officers are commanding only a small contingent.
- (A) AP Combat: + AP Hit Modifier
- (G) GP Combat: + GP Dice Roll Modifier
- Close Assault: + dice roll modifier (use (G) modifier)
- Hand-to-Hand: + dice roll modifier (use (G) modifier)
- Overrun: + GP dice roll modifier (use (G) modifier)
- (S) Suppression Recovery: - dice roll modifier
- (M) Morale: + dice roll modifier
- (P) Spotting: + Spotting Ranges modifier
- (R) IF Response: + Indirect Fire Response modifier
Leader Counters - 7/8"
(Captain Rank illustrated)
Includes 10 double-sided counters per force, 30 total counters.
In order to play this expansion, the MBT basic game is required; the MBT FRG Expansion is not.
- 3 8½” x 11” counter sheets
- 4 10” x 27¾” double-sided geomorphic map boards
- 9 full-color 5” x 4” Data Cards
- Full-color Playbook
- 1 10-sided die
Example UK units:
- Challenger 1
- Chieftain Mk.10
- Harrier GR.3
- Lynx AH1
- and more
DESIGNER & DEVELOPER: James M. Day